Best Viewed As
3.22 (US & UK)
26 Apr 2002 (US)
31 Jan 2002 (UK)
Dog With Two Bones
Abbreviations: DWTB, DW2B
Alternate Titles: (none)
· Cast & Crew
"You have got to be kidding me."
With the battle (for now) won, the crewmates prepare to go their separate ways. But while the rest of Moya's complement seems to have specific destinations in mind, John struggles to reconcile his love for Aeryn with his love for Earth. The presence of a strange old woman on Moya isn't helping matters, either. And before any of them can leave, they need to lay Talyn to rest...if another Leviathan, mad with grief, doesn't kill them first.
Aeryn [in vision]: "John has this fantasy about us. Having kids and dogs and a pool and barbeques."
Jack: "It must seem a strange culture."
Aeryn: "Jack, I am...miserable here, and he just doesn't see it. I'm going to get married, and end up like Betty Crocker. I just keep wondering when he's going to wake up."
Betty Crocker is an advertising icon created by General Mills in 1921 as part of a promotion for their Gold Medal Flour, and is colloquially used (as Aeryn does) as the image of the quintessentially traditional housewife.
Translator Microbe Report
|Central pumping mechanism
||part of a Leviathan's circulatory system
||form of large projectile weapon
||portion of Leviathan physiology
||part of the targeting system aboard D'Argo's ship
||the Leviathan burial grounds
||personal slur: "We'll give the slijnot something to focus on."
||Chiana's nickname for the Old Woman
|Yirgra fungal chowder
||foodstuff the Old Woman offers to prepare
Comments from Cast & Crew
Gigi Edgley, May 3, 2001
Ben Browder, Mat McCoy (w/Fiona Gentle and Tim Mieville), Lily Taylor, & Richard Manning, July 12, 2001
- Moderator: <LadyCrais> to <Moderator>: There is definitely going to be a Season 4, is there not?
FrooniumRicky: There is?
- Moderator: <PKGirl> to <Moderator>: Do you plan on keeping JOOL for next season?
FrooniumRicky: what next season?
- Moderator: <Tcarl1225> to <Moderator>: Is any of the other cast members thinking about writing an ep?
FrooniumRicky: Mayhaps, but they haven't mentioned it to Me
FrooniumRicky: Rygel keeps trying to pitch stories, but I'm ducking him
Farscape Wrap Day Extravaganza, July 26, 2001
- Moderator2: <LobsterOfTruth> to <Moderator2>: For Gigi: G'Day Mate ! Are you actually in makeup right now ? Just wondering... ;-)
Gigi: Yup...dressed up for da occassion
Gigi: don't blame me for the bad spelling...it's the contact lenses
- Moderator2: <stargatetravler> to <Moderator2>: Yo Gigi, what up? Looking forward to seeing you in Burbank again this year!! Out of the eps for S3 which one has been the hardest for you to do, which one the most fun, & which one your favorite?
Gigi: the hardest ep of season three has probably been the cliffhanger.....
Gigi: we got the script....after we shot about three days of it
Gigi: So it is interesting...challenging and exciting...to try and figure out where your character is heading
Gigi: My Fav.....the pleasure planet was funky to hang out on for a while...
Gigi: always enjoy a good milking
Gigi: Green eyed monster....is stunning.....
Gigi: up there with my favs
Gigi: The most fun
Gigi: ......combinations of lotsa different eps....
Gigi: BEing possessed...was good...and juicy....fun
Gigi: Hate to admit it but play'n around with Jothee wasn't that bad either...heeehhhee.....Chi indulged though gi was fearful
- Moderator2: <unohoo> to <Moderator2>: Gigi, those leather costumes look very hot. Any relief in sight? Are you ever going to be able to take off the glove that go up past your elbows?
Moderator2: Or anything else for that matter?
Gigi: Ohhh...so you guys haven't seen the cliffhanger...tee...heee....just kidding
- Moderator: <Ky> to <Moderator>: I know that several eps have different cuts for the USA, do you have to do the editing and finalizing for both versions?
DebPeart: In series 1 there was a difference in length with the US and International version - this has not been the case though in the last two years. The only difference really is where you want your color bars (another techo joke and note how I'm using color as opposed to colour!)
- Moderator: <Bexa> to <Moderator>: Ricky/Tony: What color shirt is Ben wearing in the episode you filmed today? (She asks innocently...)
FrooniumRicky: Ben who?
FrooniumRicky: Tony: "No shirt, we had to remove it to mop up the blood"
- Moderator: <PhantomComputer> to <Moderator>: Ricky, What are the titles of the last 4 eps?
FrooniumRicky: 319, 320, 321, 322
FrooniumRicky: truthfully, we haven't even locked titles down for half of 'me
FrooniumRicky: 'em, rather
FrooniumRicky: The last ep, of course, is "Funeral For Everybody"
- Moderator: <Gmmas> to <Moderator>: FrooniumRicky: you've been doing the season opening episodes, past two seasons...will you be in charge of the season 4 opener also?
FrooniumRicky: What season 4?
- Moderator: This one cracked me up...
Moderator: <Mreen> to <Moderator>: What was most difficult about writing Funeral For Everybody, the drama of the death scenes or how to plan the funerals with no survivors to mourn and look wretched about it?
FrooniumRicky: Oh, it's quite a happy ep
FrooniumRicky: All the cast and crew and writers and directors throw a huge Oz party
FrooniumRicky: So it ends with a bang
FrooniumRicky: Gotta tell ya, barbecued Moya tastes much better than kangaroo
FrooniumRicky: Speaking of which, I'm running off to grab lunch
FrooniumRicky: back in a bit!
Moderator: Throw another Pilot on the bar-b for me.
- Moderator: Are you shooting today?
AndrewProwse: Yes. Ep 322. The final for Season three.
Moderator: How's it going?
AndrewProwse: It's a story of hard action, huge emotion, brilliant Visual effects and incredible hard work.
- Moderator: <stayler> to <Moderator>: Hello Mr Prose! Thanks for coming. Could you tell us about the evolution, if any, from the methods used in early season one to the lastest? Perhaps things that were done then athat are not done now?
Moderator: (Mr. Prowse, I'm pretty sure he meant...)
AndrewProwse: WE've refined the process. AFter three seasons were actually getting good at it.
AndrewProwse: (Ben Browder laughs in the background at this answer!)
- Moderator: <Paleoanth> to <Moderator>: are you as excxited about the series now as your were during the first season?
AndrewProwse: That's not a fair question to ask in the middle of shooting the last episode of the season. Hard to be excited when your brain is almost dead.
- Moderator: <Cable17> to <Moderator>: Mr.Prowse, is the final ep gong to be as dramatic as the sseason 2 finale?
AndrewProwse: Of course.